Recipe for tuna cubes with a sauce of toasted almonds and fresh cranberries
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- Tuna cubes (50-70 g each), 8
- Casher salt and pepper: to taste
- Virgin olive oil: 3 tbsp
For the sauce:
- Fish broth or fumet (fish broth with white wine added during cooking): 200 cc
- Clove of garlic, crushed, 1
- Marcona Almond (split in halves), 150 g
- Maize starch (Maizena): 1-2 tsp
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Casher salt and pink pepper, to taste
- Cranberries, 1 small box
- Crushed almonds, 50 g
- Toast the almonds on a baking sheet in the oven at 180º for 10-15 minutes until golden. (You can also do it in a frying pan)
- Put a tbsp of oil and the crushed garlic in a frying pan and sauté lightly.
- Add the fumet, the dissolved maize starch and the lemon juice and stir well.
- Bring to the boil, then add the almonds. Boil for three minutes and then take it off the fire.
- Season with salt and pepper, purée the sauce and pass through a fine sieve.
- In another frying pan heat three tbsp of olive oil on a medium heat and briefly toast the tuna cubes on all sides.
- The interior of the fish should remain nearly raw.
Place two cubes of tuna on each plate, add some sauce and garnish with cranberries and crushed almonds.